Our Kitchen Training
Social enterprises have a long history of providing pathways to work for the long term unemployed and disadvantaged. They are particularly good at building work ready skills and providing ‘real’ life work experience.
Our Kitchen Social Enterprise participants are long term unemployed clients of the Jobs Victoria Work and Learning Centre. By completing the program they obtain pathways to employment and education opportunities in hospitality.
- Cooking up Jobs. Participants enrol for 2 days per week for 16 weeks. During this time they attend 40 hours (2.5 hours per week) of preaccredited training, gain hospitality and front of house work experience in a commercial kitchen, and build employability skills.
- Baking and English Skills. Participants enrol for 1 day per week for 8 weeks. During this time they attend 20 hours (2.5 hours per week) of preaccredited training and gain work experience, learn how to bake and build their language skills.
- Commercial Kitchen Skills. Participants enrol for 1 day per week for 16 weeks. During this time they attend 40 hours (2.5 hours per week) of preaccredited training and build their key skills to develop a career path working in a commercial kitchen.
- Food Safety Certificate. An accredited training module from a Certificate III in Hospitality.
- Becoming a Barista. A 1-day hands-on course introducing participants to the skills needed to gain employment in a cafe or coffee shop.
Free & Voluntary
Adult Classes & Training